14 weeks. Just 14 short weeks until Christmas. How can this freakin’ be?!! I know it’s time to admit defeat, but for some reason, my brain just won’t do it. If I follow pattern, I’ll keep unrealistically hoping that I’ll actually finish all the gifts I want to make right up until about 3 days before Christmas, when I admit that the 500 hours left of work I have to do simply cannot be crammed into those 72 hours. Yep, been there, done that…will be there again, will do that again. 😛
So how did I do with my goals for the past two weeks? Not so great..
- Reassess, organize, and schedule all Christmas gift projects:
I did pull out my gift binder, and reevaluated. I made a list of the people that I definitely wanted to make something for. I already had ideas for most people, but I’d been racking my brains for months trying to come up with an idea for Ana. And I finally stumbled upon what I hope is the perfect idea. That alone makes me feel accomplished on goal #1. But technically, no, I did not finish this. I made this revised list of all the gifts I want to make. (Actually, there is this “priority” list and a “maybe” list and an “unlikely, but one can dream” list.) Where I failed, however, is in the scheduling. I know I should do it, to better keep myself on track, but I’m daunted by the idea. This list has soooo many big projects on it.
2. Make 50 granny squares.
I guess I get a very low C on this one–I got 35 made.
3. Put in 20 hours of work on x-stitch picture.
Not quite, but close. I got in 19 hours. And see some progress, though there’s still an awfully long way to go.
4. Make two small gifts.
Complete fail. Didn’t start anything new, let alone finish.
I have my next update scheduled for three weeks from now. My goal for these three weeks:
- Make that damn schedule.
- Finish crocheting granny squares that I currently have the yarn for. (I still need to buy quite a bit.)
- Begin crocheting granny squares together.
- 60 hours on in-progress cross-stitch picture.
- Get supplies for Ana’s gift.
- Work 5 hours on Mom’s tote.
- Find good piece of wood for Gray’s pencil holder.
- Make Annie’s variegated cowl.
- Decide which Pokemon to make for Gray.
- Make Max’s hat.
Too much, I know. But we’ll see how it goes.